Thursday, February 2, 2017

I Can by by Kathryn O'Brien (Author), Gillian Flint (Illustrator)




With a repetitive, rhythmic introduction of Philippians 4:13 (“I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength”), I Can turns Bible memorization from a duty to a delight for children, using the author’s unique teaching strategy. This purposeful presentation of Scripture will help children memorize, understand, and absorb passages as the author presents this powerful verse one word at a time, teaching the meaning of each individual word before presenting the entire passage. I Can builds a meaningful connection between God’s Word and a child’s life experiences, laying a foundation for a love and comprehension of Scripture. Parents and children will enjoy interacting together over the passage.

My Review
This book is very nice for kids to read. Phil. 4:13 is a special verse to me because it was my dad's favorite verse. It is a great verse to teach kids. The author Kathryn O'Brien does a amazing job of taking each verse and explaining it for small children can understand, as well as any age child that reads this book. Grounding children in the truths and principles in the Bible is so important and a book like this is the way to go. And the pictures throughout the book are great, Gillian Flint does an outstanding job of creating each page special to go with what the author is talking about. It all fits together so well. I would say this little book is a must for you child. And you will enjoy it yourself, just as I did!


I received this book from Tyndale House to read and review. I expressed my own opinion in this review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 55.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu

  Book Details: Book Title :  Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu Category :  Children's Fiction (Ages 6-...