Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Grieving God's Way by Margaret Brownley

GRIEVING GOD'S WAY

by Margaret Brownley

Book Description

A 90-day devotional healing experience for the grieving spirit.

The death of a family member or friend is devastating. In fact, it can take five years or more for a person to adequately work through his or her grief, but because we live in a fast-paced society, we often sweep it under the rug or ignore it altogether. God has another plan.

Man's Way: Numb the pain God's Way: Heal the pain

Man's Way: Don't talk about it God's Way: Share your pain

Man's Way: Time heals God's Way: Faith heals

Grieving God's Way is a 90-day reader designed to bring hope and healing to those who have experienced loss. Each thoughtful devotional begins with a scripture and ends with a haiku, written to affirm the positive theme of the text.

Divided into four categories—body, soul, heart, and spirit—each day's entry offers insight into the grieving process that increases understanding of God's purposeful plan for healing the heart and soul.

MY REVIEW

A book like this written by someone who know's what they are writing about is always a good book. Maybe not an easy book to read, such as this, but a book we will all need at one time or another. I wanted to read and review this book because I of the loved one I have lost in my life, my grandparents, my in-laws as well as my precious mom and dad.

This 90 day devotional starts out Day One at the beginning with "What Is This Thing Called Grief." We think we know what grief is until we loose a love one, then we are hurting so much we really don't know how to grief. Margaret Brownley teaches us how to deal with our emotions, the hurt, the pain, the anger, the agony, the guilt, the sadness, the crying and all of these feelings, in a way that I've never really thought about. Well I guess I have, but Margaret has a way of writing that makes it easy to understand. She also deals with the other side, the laughter, humor, forgiveness, memories, gratutide, adjustments, blessings, and all that comes with these feelings.

You can go to this little book for just about anything you feel about loosing someone you love dearly. I really don't think I've grieved any of my loved ones properly, and I appreciate Margaret Brownley so much for writing thie devotional to help me! This is a book I plan on keeping where I can get my hands on it at all times. And if you are grieving, I strongly encourage you to get a copy of "Grieving God's Way" for your help and healing. This would be a wonderful book to keep an extra copy of on hand to give as gifts to those hurting over losing someone.

Again, I appreciate Ms. Brownley taking the time to write this book, and showing each of us how God brought her through her grief.

I rec'd this book from Thomas Nelson through their blogging program, Booksneeze. The opinions in this review are mine only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu

  Book Details: Book Title :  Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu Category :  Children's Fiction (Ages 6-...