Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Captive Maiden By Melanie Dickerson

The Captive Maiden

By Melanie Dickerson 

Published by Zondervan

 

Book Description

Happily Ever After …Or Happily Nevermore?
Gisela’s childhood was filled with laughter and visits from nobles such as the duke and his young son. But since her father’s death, each day has been filled with nothing but servitude to her stepmother. So when Gisela learns the duke’s son, Valten---the boy she has daydreamed about for years---is throwing a ball in hopes of finding a wife, she vows to find a way to attend, even if it’s only for a taste of a life she’ll never have. To her surprise, she catches Valten’s eye. Though he is rough around the edges, Gisela finds Valten has completely captured her heart. But other forces are bent on keeping the two from falling further in love, putting Gisela in more danger than she ever imagined.

 

BOOK REVIEW


The Captive Maiden   By Melanie Dickerson 


 


Though this is the first book I’ve read of Melanie Dickerson’s fairytales retellings, I have read many of Melanie’s books and love those I have read!


The Captive Maiden is awesome! I have always loved Cinderella, and to read Ms. Dickerson’s version was so very special. I will never get tired of the Cinderella story, and now I am so glad to have a ‘grown up’ version of it.


Melanie Dickerson writes a wonderful story with characters that I immediately fell in love with. And the story is so well written and captivating, that I didn’t want to it to end! And one more thing, the cover is just plain beautiful! Actually the cover is what drew me to the book, even before I found out who the author was. With a cover as awesome as this, the book can be nothing but good!! I love it, and you will too when you read your copy!


I received this book from the publisher Thomas Nelson through their blogging program, BookSneeze, to read and review.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 55.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu

  Book Details: Book Title :  Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu Category :  Children's Fiction (Ages 6-...