Thursday, December 8, 2022

In the Daze of My Youth by Joshua Kraushar

 





Join us for this tour from Dec 6 to Dec 19, 2022!


Book Details:

​Book Title:  In the Daze of My Youth: A Memoir by Joshua Kraushar
Category:  Adult Non-Fiction (18+),  160 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction, Memoir
Publisher:  Mascot Books
Release date:  December  2022
Tour dates: December, 2022
Content Rating:  PG-13 + M: Parts of the book talk about illegal drug use 
Book Description:

Hello! I’m Josh―and with the exception of friends, family, former colleagues, and students, you don’t know me from Adam. This autobiography is a down-to-earth, intimate memoir of my life, spanning the bulk of the 1950s through 1970s. Since I’m almost seventy now, my life today has zero resemblance to that of the person I’ve written about. The drugs I partake in today, like Lipitor and Flomax, don’t seem to be as much fun as acid and mescaline were many decades ago. Nonetheless, my memories of youth are vivid and amusing. Many of the vignettes that I have incorporated into the book are true-to-life anecdotes that I have related over the years at dinner parties to amuse my friends. Having taught high school for thirty-five years following the events of this book, I intentionally neglected to relate any of the stories to my students knowing full well that I would be fired on the spot. Since I am now very happily retired, I have absolutely no fear of retribution from irate parents or Board of Education members. In the Daze of My Youth traces my life from good Jewish boy to New York City checker cab driver to degenerate druggie to world traveler. Even though I’m a happily married dad with grown children who are infinitely more responsible than I’ll ever be, I sometimes still feel like the wild man I was many years ago . . .
BUY THE BOOK:
​Mascot Books
Amazon ~ B&N
add to goodreads
Author Joshua Kraushar
Meet the Author:

​Joshua Kraushar is a former history teacher, cab driver, and New York City tour guide. He received numerous awards during his 35-year career in education, including New Jersey Humanities Teacher of the Year. He was inspired to tell the story of his formative years by friends who generally found his anecdotes related to taxi driving and world travel to be compelling and particularly funny. He also wishes to give anyone who was born during the last forty years a good sense of what it was like to grow up in the ’60s and ’70s and to freak out his former students who assumed he was reasonably sane. Joshua and his wife Terri currently live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, with their incredibly hairy golden retriever, Khaleesi, and are the parents of two sons, Jeremy and Zack. 

Tour Schedule:
Dec 6 – Cover Lover Book Review – book spotlight
Dec 7 – Locks, Hooks and Books – book spotlight
Dec 7 - Splashes of Joy – book spotlight
Dec 8 – Book Corner News and Reviews – book spotlight
Dec 8 - Books are a Blessing – book spotlight
Dec 9 – Rockin' Book Reviews – book spotlight
Dec 9 – fundinmental – book spotlight
Dec 13 – Stephanie Jane – book spotlight
Dec 14 – Literary Flits – book spotlight
Dec 15 – The Obsessed Reader – book spotlight
Dec 19 – Bootsie’s Book Nook – book spotlight 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu

  Book Details: Book Title :  Soso and The Kako Leaf by Bella Disu Category :  Children's Fiction (Ages 6-...